9 Basic Hair Care Tips from Swank Salon
Designer clothing, perfectly applied makeup, and fine jewelry are all wasted if your hair looks greasy, dull, or messy. Fortunately, Swank Salon is here to help your hair look professionally cared for and styled, right at home.
With the right techniques for shampooing, drying, and styling, your hair can be among your most attractive features.
Listed are some useful tips, starting with the basics:
1. To minimize breakage, make sure that your hair is thoroughly wet before applying shampoo. Use no more than a quarter-size drop, and rub the shampoo between your palms first. Lather for no more than 30 seconds.
2. After shampooing, rinse your hair with cool water to seal moisture in the hair shafts.
3. To distribute the natural oils in your hair, bend over and brush your scalp and hair from back to front until the scalp tingles; then massage the scalp with your fingertips.
4. Towel-dry your hair thoroughly before using a blow dryer. You’ll save time and avoid damaging your hair with too much heat.
5. To cut down on static electricity, dampen your hairbrush before brushing.
6. Avoid using a brush on wet hair because it is subject to breakage. Comb out snarls.
7. If you suffer from a flaky scalp, try this every 2 weeks: Section your hair and rub the scalp with a cotton pad saturated with plain rubbing alcohol. Let the alcohol dry, then brush your hair and rinse thoroughly with warm water but don’t shampoo.
8. Dull, lifeless hair can be a sign of a poor diet. Try cutting down on cholesterol and fats.
9. If your hair is prone to buildup from conditioners, styling gel, or hair spray, mix 1 tablespoon baking soda with your regular shampoo once a week. Rinse and dry as usual.
Investing in great products allows you to get that ‘salon’ look at home. At Swank Salon we have a fabulous array of products for you to use in between your visits.
Stop by and we’ll help you choose what works best for you!
Swank Salon is a full service Salon that is chic, elegant and posh.
3352 Route 9 South
Freehold, NJ 07728